Structure of the Office of the Premier
- Branch: Macro Policy and Planning
- Branch: Corporate Strategy
- Directorate: Executive Council Secretariat
- Private Secretariat to the Premier
- Directorate: Planning and Programme Management
- Chief Directorate: Internal Audit
- Chief Directorate: Intergrity Management and Forensic Audit
- Office of the Financial Officer
- Special Programmes
To support the premier in discharging the executive authority of the province
- Drive the macro policy and planning services for the province
- Ensure operational efficiency, corporate compliance and communication
- Provide executive support service to the premier and the executive council
- Render support services t the premier
- Co-ordinate departmental planning and programme management
- Provide internal audit services
- Promote and enhance a culture of integrity and conduct forensic audits
- Manage financial maters of the Office of the Premier
- Co-ordinate 2010 FIFA World Cup Programme
- Co-ordinate and provide programme facilitation support
To drive the macro policy and planning services for the province
- Facilitate the province's macro policy analysis
- Provide policy and strategic support to executive structure
2.1 Chief Directorate : Policy Analysis and Research
PurposeTo facilitate the province's macro policy analysis
- Manage the provincial policy analysis and strategic planning process
- Co-ordinate research and impact analysis on Government and Criminal Justice System: Economy, Investment and Employment
- Manage international relations for the province
2.1.1 Directorate: Macro Planning
To manage the provincial policy analysis and strategic planning process.
- Manage the process of developing the PGDS
- Translate the strategic focus areas of the PGDS into policy programmes and implementation guidelines
- Access and review departmental management plans and assist departments in aligning their plans accordingly
- Consolidate departmental management plans into a provincial management and performance plan
- Co-ordinate integrates provincial planning to PRUDS, poverty alleviation and LED
- Co-ordinate, facilitate and integrate regional development plans and manage linkages with key regional and continental processes
- Co-ordinate the premier's inter governmental forum
2.1.2 Directorate: Research Services
To co-ordinate research and impact analysis on Governmence and Criminal Justice System, Social Transformation: Economy, Investment and Employment
- Conduct descriptive research, surveys and commissioned research
- Co-ordinate the outsourcing of research services
- Establish and maintain partnerships with research institutions
- Develop and mage research, planning and information database
- Co-ordinate knowledge management and promote access to information
- Conduct community research for executive council outreach programme
- Knowledge Management
- Community Outreach
2.1.3 Directorate: International Relations
To manage international relations for the province
- Co-ordinate the implementation of donor funding programmes
- Co-ordinate the implementation of twinning agreements
- Conduct research on potential international partners
- Monitor twinning agreements and donor funding assistance programmes
2.2 Chief Directorate: Cluster Co-ordination
To provide policy and strategic support to executive structure
- Provide strategic advice and support to the Governmence and Criminal Justice System Cluster
- Provide strategic advice and support to the Economy, Investment and Employment Cluster
- Provide strategic advice and support to the Social Transformation Cluster
- Monitor the implementation of policy guidelines in relation to target groups
2.2.1 Directorate: Governance and Criminal Justice System Cluster
2.2.2 Directorate: Economy Investment and Employment Cluster
2.2.3 Directorate: Social Transformation Cluster
2.2.4 Directorate: Monitoring and Evaluation
To monitor the implementation of government programmes and evaluate the developmental impact of all programmes
- Monitor the implementation of governance and criminal justice system cluster of all programmes
- Monitor the implementation of social services cluster programmes and evaluate the developmental impact of all programmes
- Conduct mid-term programmes and project evaluation and impact assessment
2.2.5 Division: System Management
Conduct mid term programmes and projects evaluation and impact assessment.
- Monitor the implementation of the executive council decisions
- Prepare progress and result reports for the executive council, PMC and legislature
- Co-ordination and implementation of IDP Nerve centre
- Co-ordination of planning, Monitoring and Evaluation forum
- Co-ordination of change management.
2.2.6 Directorate: Target Groups
To monitor the implementation of policy guidelines in relations to target groups.
- Ensure gender equality
- Facilitate the integrations of disability in the entire development process
- Promote the rights of children
18.104.22.168 Office of the Status of Women
To ensure gender equality
- Formulate policy and provide advice thereon
- Ensure the integration of gender equality in the department projects
- Ensure gender representivity in departments
- Co-ordinate the provincial programme of action for women
- Compile reports and provide advice on gender related issues.
22.214.171.124 Office on the Status of the Disabled Persons
To facilitate the integration of disability in the entire development process
- Facilitate capacity building of people with disabilities
- Monitor and evaluate the equalisation of opportunities for people with disabilities.
126.96.36.199 Office on the Rights of the Child
To promote the rights of children
- Co-ordinate the provincial programme of action for children
- Ensure the development and implementation of activities in line with the National Programme of Action
- Liaise with relevant stake holders regarding the right of children
- Advise the premier and the Director-General on matters relating to the rights of children
To ensure operational efficiency corporate compliance and communication
- Render strategic human resource services
- Co-ordinate government communication and information services within the provincial government
- Develop and maintain policies on information management and information technology in the provincial government
- Render legal advisory services for the provincial administration
- Render protocol services for the provincial administration
- Manage and co-ordinate protective security within the province
- Monitor and implement transformation imperatives of the public service and coordinate service delivery improvement.
3.1 Chief Directorate: Strategic Human Resources
To render strategic human resources services
- Promote sound labour relations and discipline
- Manage organisational design and job evaluation
- Co-ordinate and monitor transversal PMDS, EHW and transformation across provincial administration
- Co-ordinate transversal human resources development services
- Manage internal resources
- Ensure transversal talent acquisition, management, development and retention.
3.1.1 Directorate: Labour Relations
To promote sound labour relations and discipline.
- Formulate and monitor the implementation of labour relations policies, strategies in the province
- Facilitate collective bargaining for the province
- Ensure maintenance of discipline within the provincial administration
- Render advisory service on labour relations matters to management
- Provide investigation and adjudication services to departments
- Appeals co-ordination.
3.1.2 Directorate: Organisational Design and Job
Manage organisational design and job
- Facilitate monitor and promote the implementation of organisation design and job evaluation policies and regulations across the provincial administration
- Ensure proper organisation and establishment in the provincial administration
- Co-ordinate organisational design and job evaluation projects within the provincial administration
- Facilitate all initiatives relating to the macro organisation of service delivery machinery in the province
- Talent and Human Resource Information Management
3.1.3 Talent and Human Resource Information Management
To ensure transversal talent acquisition, management development and retention.
- Maintain the implementation of the transversal talent management strategy
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation of HR information.
3.1.4 Directorate: Transversal Human Resources Development
- To co-ordinate and monitor transversal PMDS, EHW and transformation across provincial administration.
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation PMDS polices, strategies and regulations
- Promote the implementation of employee health and wellness (EHW) programmes, policies and regulations
- Develop general transversal HR policy frameworks.
3.1.5 Directorate: Transversal Human Resources Services
To co-ordinate transversal human resources development services
- Ensure maintenance, promotion and implementation of HRD policies and regulations within the provincial administration
- Co-ordinate and monitor the implementation of adult basic education and training (ABET) within the provincial administration
- Co-ordinate and monitor the implementation of learnership in the provincial administration
- Ensure the provision of transversal capacity building interventions
- Evaluate the impact of HRD interventions across the provincial administration
- Promote transversal knowledge and implementation of HRD best practices and projects
- Provide advisory services to departments on transversal HRD.
188.8.131.52 Sub-Directorate: Internal Human Resources Services
To manage internal human resources.
- Manage HR business strategy translation
- Ensure talent acquisition, management and development and retention
- Handle administration, events and logistics managements
- Handle HR information management.
Division: Human Resource Business Strategy Translation
To manage HR business strategy translation.
- Formulate and plan HR strategy
- Manage HR policy and best practice research
- Develop HR templates, toolkits, frameworks, policies, norms and standards
- Manage HR monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Ensure the mainstreaming o special programmes.
Division: Talent Management
To ensure talent acquisition, management, development and retention
- Handle recruitment and selection
- Manage orientation and induction
- Facilitate and manage the PMDS
- Manage training and development
- Handle employee relations and career management
- Facilitate staff retention strategies.
Division: Human Resource Administration, Events and Logistics Management
To handle administration, events and logistics management.
- Administer appointment, transfers, secondments and terminations
- Administer the payroll
- Handle benefits, allowances and conditions of service
- Administer leave matters
- Manage staff record keeping.
Division: Information Management
To handle HR information management.
- Manage human resources information
- Manage human resource information systems
- Provide human resource management information.
3.2 Chief Directorate Government Communication And Information Services
To co-ordinate government communication and information services within the provincial government.
- Render departmental and marketing services
- Render media, departmental liaison and information services
- Co-ordinate outreach services for the premier and the executive council.
3.2.1 Directorate: Corporate Communication Services
To render departmental and marketing services.
- Render publication services t provincial departments
- Render photographic and audio visual services
- Manage the corporate identity of the provincial government
- Develop strategies for marketing distribution, event management and public relations
- Handle advertising for campaigns and project communication plans
- Handle bulk buying of media space for advertising.
3.2.2 Directorate: Media, Departmental Liaison and Information Services
To render media, departmental liaison and information services.
- Render media and departmental liaison services.
- Provide information to the public.
3.2.3 Directorate: Community Outreach Services
To co-ordinate outreach services for the premier and the executive council.
- Render regional development services.
- Render community liaison services.
3.3 Office of the PGITO
To develop and maintain policies on information management and information technology in the provincial government
- Align the provincial information management and information technology with the strategic plan/ PGDS
- Develop an information management and information technology enables
- Co-ordinate the functioning of the provincial government
- Represent the province in the National GITO council
- Promote an effective management of information technology as a strategic resource
- Maintain the SITA relationship.
3.4 Chief Directorate: Legal Advisory Services
To render legal advisory services for the provincial administration
- Draft formal and written legal opinions
- Draft memoranda, reports, letters and other documents with a legal hearing
- Co-ordination of litigation pertaining to the provincial legislation
- Draft provincial legislation.
3.4.1 Directorate: Public Services Tranformation and Services Delivery Improvement
To monitor and implement transformation imperatives of the public service and co-ordinate service delivery improvement
- Co-ordinate provincial public service transformation and reform processes
- Provide support to provincial department in the development and implementation of the public service delivery improvement plans
- Integrate departmental service delivery improvement plans and produce provincial service standards and monitor such standards
- Manage the production of the provincial annual citizens report
- Support the revitalization of Batho Pele in departments.
3.4.2 Directorate: Protective Security
To manage and co-ordinate protective security within the province
- Ensure the availability and existence of proper security systems
- Give advice on security system and general security measures in the province
- Ensure security of documentation, personnel, communication, computers and physical assets
- Formulate provincial protective security policies.
3.4.3 Sub-Directorate: Protocol Services
To render protocol services for the provincial administration
- Develop and manage the provincial protocol policy
- Render protocol support to the premier and executive
- Render ceremonial services and state visits matters
- Co-ordinate provincial protocol services.
To ensure operational efficiency corporate compliance and communication
- Perform minute secretarial services
- Co-ordinate the production of executive council documentation
- Make follow-ups on executive council resolutions.
To render support services to the premier
- Manage the premier's diary
- Handle correspondence for the premier
- Perform parliamentary obligations of the primer
- Handle logistical matters
- Provide political and economic advisory services to the premier.
To co-ordinate departmental planning and programme management
- Formulate and maintain departmental planning processes
- Quantity departmental plans and strategies
- Make inputs to policy making bodies
- Co-ordinate departmental development processes
- Monitor implementation and evaluate programmes.
To provide internal audit services
- Conduct internal audit assurance and consulting services
- Conduct performance audits
- Conduct computer audits.
7.1 Directorate: Audit Assurance Services
To conduct internal audit assurance and consulting
- Facilitate risk assessments
- Conduct audits in accordance with operational audit plans
- Provide consulting services to cluster departments
- Ensure effectiveness of internal controls
- Report to audit committee.
- Department of Local Government and Housing
- Department of Culture, Sport and Recreation
- Department of Safety and Security
- Office of the Premier
7.2 Directorate: Performance Audit Services
To conduct performance audits
- Identify possible non- compliance areas
- Identify focus areas to be audited
- Evaluate management measures to promote economy, efficiency and effectiveness
- Formulate audit evidence
- Submit management reports on findings, together with recommendation to heads of departments and audit committee.
7.3 Directorate: Computer Auditing
To conduct computer audits
- Assess IT environment
- Assess IT risks and controls
- Identify focus areas to be audited
- Evaluate effectiveness of IT controls
- Formulate audit evidence
- Submit management reports on findings, together with recommendations.
To promote and enhance a culture of integrity and conduct forensic.
- Promote public service ethos remove opportunities for unethical conduct
- Prevent, deter, detect and investigate unethical conduct, fraud and corruption.
8.1 Directorate: Intergrity Management
To promote public service ethos and remove opportunities for unethical conduct.
- Enhance capacity of leadership to manage and promote integrity
- Development of integrity champions
- Develop and implement staff awareness programme
- Develop and implement programmes on ethics, accountability and transparency for managers
- Interface with stakeholders.
8.2 Directorate: Forensic Audit
To prevent, deter, detect and investigate unethical conduct, fraud and corruption.
- Develop early warning systems for detection of areas of vulnerability and improper conduct
- Investigate cases of unethical conduct, fraud and corruption
- Monitor the environment within the employees operate.
To manage financial matters of the premier.
- Render management accounting services
- Render financial accounting services
- Render supply chain management services
- Render risk management services
- Manage records and render auxiliary services.
9.1 Sub-Directorate: Management Accounting
To render management accounting services.
- Manage the departmental budget
- Manage the collection of revenue and render bookkeeping services.
9.1.1 Division: Budget
9.1.2 Division: Revenue and Bookkeeping
9.2 Sub-Directorate: Financial Accounting
To render financial accounting services
- Render expenditure control services
- Manage and administer departmental salaries.
9.2.1 Division: Expenditure
9.3 Sub-Directorate: Supply Chain Management
To render supply chain management services.
- Co-ordinate the rendering of acquisition and demand services
- Render logistics and disposal management services
- Manage transport and assets
9.3.1 Division: Acquisition and Demand
To co-ordinate the rendering of acquisition and demand services
- Determine future and frequency of demand
- Conduct market and needs analysis
- Develop and update sourcing strategy
- Manage bid process
- Render contract management services
9.3.2 Division: Logistics and Disposal Management Services
To render logistics and disposal management services
- Render inventory management services
- Prepare and process payments
- Ensure compliance to norms and standards
- Develop and maintain disposal strategies
9.3.3 Division: Transport and Assets
9.4 Sub-Directorate: Risk Management
To render risk management services.
- Identify and evaluate risks
- Develop fraud and anti-corruption plan
- Investigate corrupt and fraudulent business conducts
- Develop and implement mitigating technique to minimize the impact of potential risks
- Monitor supply chain compliance.
9.5 Sub-Directorate: Records Management and Auxiliary Services
To manage records and render auxiliary
- Manage and safe guard documentary records
- Ensure safe custody of electronic and audio visual records
- Render auxiliary services.
Co-ordinate 2010 FIFA World Cup Progrmme and provide special programmes facilitation support.
- Co-ordinate the 2010 FIFA World Cup programme and provide special programmes facilitation support.
- Co-ordinate and provide special programmes facilitation support.
10.1 Programme: 2010 FIFA World Cup Coordination
To co-ordinate the 2010 FIFA world cup programme.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders on non technical matters
- Handle protocol matters for the soccer world cup.
10.2 Directorate: Programme Facilitation Unit (PFU)
To co-ordinate and provide special programme facilitation support.
- Co-ordinate the management of government priority projects
- Monitor the implementation of the projects
- Consolidate reporting on priority projects.