Premier Mabuza reshuffles Mpumalanga Cabinet
18 February 2013
Mpumalanga Premier David Mabuza has decided to reshuffle his Cabinet in an effort to strengthen capacity where it is needed.
Cabinet reshufflings are normal procedures government which leaders utilise in strengthening capacity after assessing weaknesses and the challenges pertaining to performance of their administrations.
At least three have been recalled from the current Cabinet but also replaced by the new ones.
The Premier has thanked Dr Clifford Mkasi, Mr Siphosezwe Masango and Mr Norman Mokoena for their contribution in the provincial administration and wished them well for their future endevours. “We trust that these leaders will continue to serve the people of South Africa with passion and leave a lasting legacy for themselves,” said Mabuza.
The Premier further indicated that he trusted that the outgoing leaders will continue to serve the people of South Africa with passion and leave a lasting legacy.
As informed by their various strengths, the Premier has deployed the new MECs and reshuffled other according to the following portfolios;
- Department of Agriculture, Rural Development and Land Administration – Hon Violet Siwela
- Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs – Hon SBD Sikhosana
- Department of Economic Development, Environment and Tourism – YN Phosa
- Department of Finance – Hon Madala Masuku
- Department of Health & Social Development – MEC Candid Mashego-Dlamini
- Department of Human Settlement – Hon Andries Gamede
The Premier has called on the people to give especially the new MECs all the necessary support.
Issued by Zibonele Mncwango
Spokesperson: Mpumalanga Premier
Tel: (013) 766 – 2453
Mobile: 079 491 0163