MPUMALANGA PREMIER’S REACTION TOWARDS THE DEFAMATION COURT JUDGMENT.
05 May 2017
Mpumalanga Premier David Mabuza has noted the Northern High Court judgment and his legal team is studying it.
It however suffices to say the following;
- The Premier feels vindicated that the content of the socalled spy dossier are not only false but a failed political smear campaign that has neither the author nor evidence to back it.
- The defendant (Mr Mathews Phosa) claimed in court that he was not the author of the dossier, nor presented any evidence of who the author is, let alone any evidence of the so-called spy allegations.
- The Premier, as per his media comments on 15 May 2016 at the High Court, he was very happy with the court proceedings following Mr Phosa’s evidence where he claimed he was not the author nor does he know who the author is.
- The so-called spy dossier has no owner or author and remains just a smear campaign document produced by faceless authors for their narrow smear campaign agendas.
- The Premier believes in constitutional democracy and respects all court decisions. However, he will be guided by his legal team on a way forward.
Issued by Zibonele Mncwango
Spokesperson: Mpumalanga Premier
Mpumalanga Provincial Government
Office of the Premier
Tel: (013) 766 2453
Mobile: 082 616 6698