PREMIER REFILWE TSIPANE ANNOUNCES THE NEW EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
29 May 2019
- By the powers vested upon me as the Premier of Mpumalanga Province and in accordance with section 132 subsection (2) of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, I have, after consultations with the ruling party, the African National Congress and our alliance partners, identified selected and appointed capable men and women who will serve in the executive and assist me in my responsibilities of running government.
- I have no doubt in my mind that these are individuals who will perform their functions to the best of their abilities. These are men and women of high integrity, with unquestionable high work ethics and collectively have vast experience in political administration. My decision on who should form part of the executive was influenced and informed by the need to balance the demographic imperatives of gender and experience.
- I believe that we have succeeded in striking a healthy balance between these natural requirements and realistic expectations. The new executive has an enormous task ahead of it. Our people are yearning for a better, efficient and effective developmental administration that is people centred and addresses their urgent needs. Unless we begin to do things differently, our people are running out of patience and we are also running out of time. As I mentioned yesterday in my inauguration address, our focus is going to be on unemployment in particular youth unemployment. The following people will form part of my executive that will serve this province with dedication.
- Hon. Vusi Shongwe will be the MEC of the Department of Agriculture Land Administration and Environmental Affairs Hon. Shongwe will also be the leader of government business.
- Hon. Sasekani Manzini will be the MEC of the Department of Health
- Hon. Bonakele Majuba will be the MEC of the Department of Education
- Hon. Norah Mahlangu will be the MEC of the Department of Human Settlement
- Hon. Gillion Mashego will be the MEC of the Department of Public Works;
- Hon. Gabisile Tshabalala will be the MEC of the Department of Community Safety, Security and Liason;
- Hon. Mandla Msibi will be the MEC of the Department of Corporate Governance and Traditional Affairs;
- Hon. Pat Ngomane will be the MEC of the Department Finance, Economic Development and Tourism;
- Hon. Thandi Shongwe will be the MEC of the Department of Social Development;
- Hon. Lindiwe Ntshalintshali will be the MEC of the Department of Arts, Sport Culture and Recreation.
- I wish them well in their new positions and hope that they will serve our people with dignity, dedication and commitment. All MECs elect will be sworn in by the Judge of the High Court Mpumalanga Division Justice Francis Legodi tomorrow at 9am at the Nkangala District Municipality.
Issued by Zibonele Mncwango
Spokesperson: Mpumalanga Premier
Mpumalanga Provincial Government
Office of the Premier
Tel: (013) 766 2453
Mobile: 082 616 6698